It is a great pleasure for me to inform you that the Indonesian Oil Palm Research Institute (IOPRI) will organize a fourth-annual event, the International Oil Palm Conference (IOPC) 2014 from 17 to 19 June 2014 at the Bali Nusa Dua Convention Center, one of the famous destinations in Indonesia.This event is presented to continue the success of IOPC 2010 which had attended by 987 participants from 21 countries.
IOPC 2014 has three concurrent conferences including Agriculture & Biotechnology; Product Development & Process Technology; and Social Economics & Environment.The Conference will provide update informations on the latest findings, oil palm developments, challenges and future prospects of the industry. A trade exhibition to provide opportunities for delegates to view and discuss current technologies, equipment's and products related to the oil palm industry will also be held throughout the conferences. IOPC 2014 is expected to draw more than 1500 participants and trade visitors from all over the world.
Official theme of the IOPC 2014 is 'Green Palm Oil for Food Security and Renewable Energy' which will focus on the prosperity of palm oil in supporting food chain and renewable-green energy. In line with the theme, I hope that IOPC 2014 will once again come up with excellent strategy and formulation of palm oil industry to meet market needs and green-environment.
I therefore take this opportunity to invite you to join IOPC 2014.
See you in Bali, Indonesia.
See you in Bali, Indonesia.
About The Conference
The conference will highlight progress and achievements in oil palm research and development. About 70 papers will be presented by selected speakers including by a number of invited eminent speakers for both plenary lectures and concurrent conferences.
The plenary lectures will highlight the trend and issues in oil palm industry and future direction of the development of the industry. Three concurrent conferences will be held i.e. Agriculture & Biotechnology, Product Development & Processing Technology, and Environment & Social Economics.
In Agriculture & Biotechnology Conference, a number of papers will elaborate the progress of interspecific hybrids and breeding for resistance, advances in precision agriculture and fertilizers, findings on insect pests and Ganoderma disease, and milestones of oil palm insect pollinating weevil, Elaeidobius kamerunicus, in Indonesia. The papers may discuss either novel technologies, latest research findings or industrial experiences which highlight:
- Progress of interspecific hybrids for producing new and improved planting materials in Indonesia and Columbia.
- DNA sequencing technology, molecular breeding, and genomic selection of oil palm.
- Remote sensing and GIS based technology for oil palm agronomic practices.
- Microclimate changes and carbon emission in oil palm plantation.
- Fertilizer efficiency and trace elements to maintain the optimum yield.
- Management of insect pest, rat and Ganoderma disease.
- The occurrence of low fruit set value in correlation with insect pollinating weevil, Elaeidobius kamerunicus.
In Product Development and Processing Technology Conference, papers will be delivered in relation with latest information on palm oil mill technology, latest research to produce oleofoods, oleochemicals, green products as well as health and nutritional aspects of palm oil derivates, as follows:
- Improvements in palm oil mill technology to increase oil yields.
- Recent development in palm oil based foods and specialty products.
- Green products from oil palm biomass.
- Phytonutrients from palm oil and their health benefits.
- Technology of POME treatment.
In Environment and Social Economics, participants will be provided with current issues regarding the palm oil business, policies related to palm oil industry, the profile of smallholders, palm oil and environment, sustainable palm oil, and market opportunities will be deliberated in this session, including:
- New concepts of palm oil business development.
- The role of government policy in palm oil agribusinesss sector.
- Empowering the smallholders through partnership.
- The contribution of palm oil agribusiness sector for environment.
- The way forward to sustainable palm oil.
- Market opportunities for palm oil industry in the future.
Call for Papers
Papers (oral and poster) are invited for presentation in the Conference. For those who are interested, please note the following deadlines:
Abstract Submission : 31 January 2014
Notification of Acceptance : 15 February 2014
Manuscript Submission : 31 March 2014
Failed to meet the deadline may result in non-acceptance of the papers/posters. Intruction for manuscript preparation is available in the Download menu.
For technical enquiries and paper submission please do not hesitate to contact:
- Rizki Amalia <email@example.com>
- Sri Wening <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Hari Priwiratama <email@example.com>
|Status||Indonesia Participants||Overseas||Poster Presenter|
|Early bird*||IDR 5,000,000||USD 500||Not applicable|
|Standard Fee||IDR 6,000,000||USD 600||IDR 3,000,000||USD 300|
|On Site||IDR 6,500,000||USD 650||IDR 3,500,000||USD 350|
*Payment should be made before 1 March 2014
The conference registration fee covers the following:
- - Lunch and Refreshments,
- - Conference Gala Dinner
- - Seminar Kit including one of the three conference unedited proceedings
For conference registration, please do not hesitate to contact:
- Nuzul Hijri Darlan : +62-85261740009 <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Atika Afriani : +62-87769466027 <email@example.com>
- Sabarida Silalahi : +62-85261740005 <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Fahrida Yanti : +62-85260368284 <email@example.com>
- Donnarina Simanjuntak : +62-85370125070 <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Informasi lengkap: http://iopc2014.iopri.org